Major player in animal nutrition seeks goal-oriented leader to implement strategies for each market segment by driving R & D to develop profitable new products, improving communication with the sales groups and holding each member of the technical and marketing teams accountable for reaching their objectives. This role leads research & product development, technical support, field tech services and marketing. This position directly interacts with the executive leadership and will work with business unit managers and sales management to create joint goals.
The key factors in this role are:
- Defining a clear direction for product development and marketing while providing consistent focus on that direction to all stakeholders.
- Utilizing the excellent relationships already in place with research facilities to bring ideas from the field through trials and into the marketplace.
- Further developing the skills of the sales force by creating great support pieces for marketing and continually improving their technical training utilizing the tech team
- Improving overall product gross margin by developing high-value, high margin products and then creating excitement around these products as they reach the market
- Ensuring that research and technical support understand and respond to the needs of the sales team while working with manufacturing to produce profitable, quality products
To be considered for this role you must possess a Ph.D. in the animal sciences, a history of leading and developing people in a corporate environment, a track record for bringing profitable products to market and an understanding of product marketing. Successful candidates have excellent communication skills, executive talents, are team-oriented and able to travel a moderate amount.
Reasons why the right candidate will love this job
- You will be the top technical person for the division with the responsibility for driving product innovation and technical services to be the best in the industry
- This company has the resources of a major corporation without the its bureaucracy so decisions are made with less red tape and overhead is kept low.
- This well-financed company has a history of valuable long-term relationships with its’ dealers, customers and research partners that provide stability and a flow of information
- A superior team of in-house nutritionists, field technical professionals and formulators are in place to carry out the plan
- The product focus is on value-added animal nutrition products for livestock, show animals and companion animals
- A large, diverse and loyal client base provides feedback on current products and ideas for new ones
- This company’s passion is its customers and is sales-driven.
- The community provides a small-town feel with excellent schools, top-notch healthcare, reasonable work commutes, multiple colleges and proximity to a large metro area.
- The compensation package includes a very competitive salary, excellent bonus potential, a car plan, relocation assistance and more