(By Dan Simmons – Taken from Brian Tracy’s “Seven Rules of Success)
I’m a big fan of Brian Tracy, the acclaimed self-help author and motivational speaker. His books and seminars impart practical, straightforward wisdom that has rung true down through the years, and he’s still providing guidance and advice in the world of achievement.
I’m pleased to share one of Tracy’s most recent videos: The Seven Rules of Success. As you can see, I’ve listed those rules below. However, I highly recommend watching the video. Tracy elaborates on each rule and explains in detail their importance.
The Seven Rules of Success by Brian Tracy
1. Success is a journey, not a destination.
2. Success is more who you are rather than what you own.
3. Success means being able to live your life in your own way.
4. Success is getting what you want, while contentment is merely wanting what you get.
5. Success means earning the esteem and respect of the most important people in your life.
6. Success imposes higher responsibilities upon you and requires a higher standard from you than ever before.
7. Success does not mean an end to problems; it merely means a change in the nature of the problems that you have to deal with.
These rules are applicable to all areas of life, personal as well as professional. Study each one in regards to your career and see if they produce new ideas or revelations about what you could be doing differently to achieve higher levels of success and satisfaction.